Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My condo always feels colder than thermostat says it is. Time to change the thermostat?

I live on the top floor of a 3-story condo and my (programmable) thermostat on average has been reading in the high 60's, low 70's, yet the rooms always feel cooler than the temperature readout. My furnace is brand new but I kept the thermostat that came with the place. The furnace will kick on if I raise the thermostat, but if I keep to a reasonable schedule programmed into the panel, the furnace will never cycle on.
My condo always feels colder than thermostat says it is. Time to change the thermostat?
No. Buy a room thermometer and see how the results compare to the thermostat.
My condo always feels colder than thermostat says it is. Time to change the thermostat?
Top floor condo's have heat seep up from the unit downstairs and it could be just enough to keep the room warm so the thermostat doesn't call for heat. Buy a movable thermostat and check the readings. Sometimes it will also not come on if it's only one degree off from the setting. Some thermostats have a variance setting so you can adjust how soon it will kick on if the temp drops 2 or more degrees.
  • web hosting servers
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment