Friday, September 23, 2011

93 gran prix, what would cause overheating besides the thermostat?

Changed the thermostat, changed the radiator cap, keep getting air in the system, then it overheats. any ideas anyone?
93 gran prix, what would cause overheating besides the thermostat?
poss head gasket you need to use the correct coolant also in my 93 grand prix 3.1 engine it calls for the orange coolant heck the weep valve on the thermostat housing is it tight?also check all your hoses. check the two small hoses at the bottom of the throttle body coolant runs through that also in route to the heater core.is your over flow tank filled.try running the engine with radiator cap off adding coolant in to radiator as engine warms up to op temp. is the drain plug tight.are all hoses good you might have pin hole in a hose causing coolant loss. any water on inside floor could be bad heater core loosing coolant.if worse comes to worse bring it to a mechanic to check the cooling system good luck !
93 gran prix, what would cause overheating besides the thermostat?
check the timing
are you having to add coolant frequently?
Check the cooling fan operation.
water pump has a weep hole that could allow air in or aleaking head gasket
My car just overheated because there was a problem with the water pump and the engine wasn't getting enough coolant.
leaking head
maybe a head gasket, go get a pressure tester for your cooling syatem, i know auto zone lends them out for a $35 deposit. Just take ur radiator cap off hook the tester up to it and appy pressure, it u end up losing pressue u have a leak, if it stays at the same level your good
the electric fan not working
ur radiator might have a buncgh of crap in the bottom try flushing it
I drive a 92 grand prix and my fiance drove a 98 grand prix and he was having over heating problems, and turned out he had a cracked head gasket. There a bit spendy to fix if you have someone do it for you. Just the labor is like $250
either the water pump is leaking or u have a hole in the radiator .
I would put my money on the water pump,my car ran hot over the weekend..turn out to be the water pump
I just had this problem on my 00 grand am and it turned out to be my water pump broke and then my car overheated.
  • i own a problem near my computer
  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment