Thursday, October 6, 2011

I changed my thermostat and now the blower blows cool air before the heat comes out. Help!?

Before I changed my thermostat my furnace would build up heat, and then the blower would start blowing hot air. Now, as soon as the thermostat engages the furnace the blower kicks in with cool air until the furnace gets hot. It does heat the house eventually, but causes the blower to run much longer burning up electricity and making the furnace work harder. Please help me figure this one out. Thanks.
I changed my thermostat and now the blower blows cool air before the heat comes out. Help!?
when you changed your thermostat for your furnce you look on the furace plate to see with the thermostat is to set at . that you will to when you take the cover off. there will be number and a arrow point at it. it mit have .o5 or.1 .2 . that when the heat kick on at you furnce. if you can,t find it at your furce. then move the lever on your thermostat one number at a time. to just it your way so you wouldn,t get cool air out. but if you have a high eng. furnce you will get a little cool air at frist.
I changed my thermostat and now the blower blows cool air before the heat comes out. Help!?
It sounds like you have one of the wires from the a/c control on the heat side. Usually heat is red and white. Also, you might have the summer switch, that is the fan, run, switch on. Good luck bro!
if you have an electric heater most thermostats come set-up for gas heat which will do the same thing- you'll have to go through the set up configuration to correctly set it up for an electric furnace and that should relive you of the problem with the blower
Your blower has an On + Auto don't it. If its cold where you live put

the switch on the ON position and run it all the time. That is the only

way I can keep the temp even in my place. It won't hurt a thing and

the cost is at a minim.

No comments:

Post a Comment