Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing a thermostat on a '95 Ford Ranger...read details please?

I took my truck to a shop to have the thermostat changed. 2.3L 4 cylinder, A/C, 5 speed 2 wheel drive. At first he told me it would take an hour and cost 55 bucks but when he tore into it, he said it was more involved. He showed me the book which said it should take 2.5 hours if there was a certain obstruction which there was. Well it took him 5 hours. At first he put the thermostat on wrong then had to tear it up and start over. He did get a new gasket for it though. My question is, does this guy know what he%26#039;s doing? This place is an actual shop that sells tires and does mechanical work. I%26#039;m driving this truck 1000 miles one way next week for vacation and just wanna know if I need to worry. What signs do I need to look for if he didn%26#039;t put it in right? And....5 hours for real? Oh yeah, he only charged me 80 bucks so he didn%26#039;t rip me off labor wise. Thanks.|||i agree with the above answer|||He cannot charge over 2.5 hours--his screw up is his problem--should have gone to a FORD dealer. if it isn%26#039;t overheating by now--it is fine. Go for a half hour ride and see the gauge--make yourself happy before your trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment