Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing thermostat on 1999 Chevy Lumina?

My engine is overheating. I guess this is a common problem with my 1999 Chevy Lumina. I thought that I might be leaking coolant, but I am not. The coolant level is full. Multiple people have told me to try changing the thermostat. I have a friend that will do it in couple days, but I%26#039;m impatient and would like to make an attempt myself. Does anybody know where this thermostat is located? Is this a fairly simple job? Thank you.|||is that a 3.1 V-6? remove the air intake duct from your throttle body. next, remove the wire connectors from your throttle body and remove the throttle cables. remove the 2 - 13mm bolts securing the throttle body to the upper intake. after removal of the throttle body, the thermostat housing is just below it, right inside the exhaust crossover. there are 2 - 13mm bolts holding it in. the top one is easy with a box end wrench. do now remove the bottom bolt all the way, back it out enough to remove the therm housing. the housing is slotted so it slides over the bolt. install a new thermostat and top off the coolant. bleed the air out and you should be good to go

No comments:

Post a Comment